We are so excited to share The Montclair Girl’s Annual Puppy Bowl is back for a second year of nominating, voting, and supporting local animal welfare. We can all agree that Essex County is one of the best areas for dog owners and lovers, so sharing photos of your adorable four-legged friend is a must — especially when it’s to help a local non-profit rescue + when prizes are involved. One lucky dog will be crowned the winner of some amazing local prizes. We will also be donating a portion of the sponsorships to Hounds in Pounds, and encourage entrants to do the same.
The contest will take place from Friday, February 3rd through Wednesday, February 15th.
What It Is
Our version of Puppy Bowl is a Puppy Bowl Photo Contest.
Starting Friday, February 3rd, submit your pet’s cutest photo to email@example.com.
The photo can be of your furry friend in their cutest outfit or in their birthday suit, with a description of their favorite things so voters can get to know what makes them such a good dog. Include a screenshot of your donation of $5 or more to Hounds in Pounds – our rescue of choice this year – for *extra* consideration.
Nominations will be accepted until 11:59 PM on Tuesday, February 7th. The nine finalists will be announced on Friday, February 10th at which time the entire community will be able to vote on which pup is the cutest canine. Voting will end on Sunday, February 12th at 11:59PM and the winner of the Montclair Girl’s Puppy Bowl 2023 will be announced on Wednesday, February 15th.
Contest Entry Requirements
- Follow @TheMontclairGirl + follow the contests’ sponsors @JustFoodForDogs and @portamontclair on Instagram.
- Tag a fellow dog lover in the comments.
- Submit a photo and description of your pup via the form below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org your pup’s photo for submission + screenshot of your donation and include a blurb about your dog (name, age, city, story, favorite treats and activities, and favorite local pet business).
- Donate to Hounds in Pounds via the link or via @HoundsinPounds on Venmo — optional but encouraged.
Other info you may need:
- The dog does not have to be a puppy — we just call them all puppies.
- A pic in their cutest attire or birthday suit is perfect — just make sure it’s 1200×1200px minimum sizing, large photos, or original size.
- We recommend donating to Hounds in Pounds and sharing a copy of the receipt — it may get you bonus points with the judges, and we’ll be donating a portion of our sponsorship fees, too!
The Contest Sponsors
JustFoodForDogs | 1125 Maxwell Lane, Hoboken
IG Handle: @JustFoodForDogs
Giveaway Gift and Value: A month’s worth of food (up to 35lbs or equivalent; $175 value)
JustFoodForDogs recently opened their newest location in uptown Hoboken — with a dynamic team of veterinarians, nutritionists, toxicologists, and dermatologists working together to keep pups healthy with each bite. Each recipe has been formulated to ensure that the food is nutritionally-balanced for general health and to meet the individual needs of each pup. In addition to fresh cooked meals, JustFoodForDogs also sells shelf stable, fresh food in tetra packs, treats, DIY nutritional packets, and supplements. We stopped by the shop with our pups and they were lowkey obsessed with the chicken + liver beef snacks. Plus, you can order JustFoodForDogs online or find the brand in numerous North Jersey Petco locations.
Porta Montclair | 499 Bloomfield Ave, Montclair
IG Handle: @portamontclair
Giveaway Gift and Value: $50 gift card + a Porta Doggie Hoodie ($100 value)
Since Porta opened its newest location in Montclair, the Neapolitan pizza restaurant has helped shape the local culinary scene and has become an anchor of community memories. Porta is decorated with doors of all colors that are scattered throughout a high-ceilinged, warehouse-turned-restaurant, making for a unique and memorable dining atmosphere. This local fave is known for preserving the art of authentic Neapolitan pizza and is committed to providing guests with the highest quality of specialty ingredients, imported directly from Italy. From their burrata to their pasta to their pizza, every bite will be savory, cheesy, and absolutely delicious.
Don’t forget to nominate + submit a photo of your dog between Friday, February 3rd through Tuesday, February 7th via the form below or email email@example.com and donate to Hounds in Pounds either way— happy nominating!