With the fall season upon us, Halloween is quickly approaching in the next few weeks. From deciding on what to dress up as or where to celebrate, there are many things to coordinate. Many places are planning events to celebrate the upcoming celebration. Read on for the Halloween events happening in Northern New Jersey and beyond for 2023.
Northern New Jersey Events
Zoo Boo 2023 | 216 Forest Avenue, Paramus
October 20th – October 22nd | Various times
In this three-day celebration, Bergen County Zoological Park will have different activities all lined up. There are two different tickets involved with the Zoo Boo 2023. The Zoo Admission ticket is for the decorated zoo attraction that will feature trick-or-treat stations and shows. The Train Ticket is exclusively for the train ride and is separate from the Zoo ticket. There will be alternative scenes that are scary and non-scary on the train.
Not So Spooky Halloween Party | 165 Franklin Avenue, Nutley
October 21 | 12:30PM, 2PM, + 3:30PM
Parents and children are welcome to join in the Halloween festivities. There will be three different time slots for different groups to participate. Each session will feature a Halloween craft, spooky treats, trick-or-treating, and raffles. A $25 fee is required per child and parents are free of charge.
Boo Bash Halloween Party | 30 Wyckoff Avenue, Ramsey
October 21st | 1PM – 3PM
Ramsey’s Public Library will be transformed into a Halloween celebration. A highlight of the event will be its glow-in-the-dark haunted house. Other activities include crafts and treats. There is no cost to enter this event.
Thermomix Halloween Party | 15 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair
October 25th | 7PM – 9PM
Come dressed up in a fun, Halloween costume and spend the evening at Thermomix’s Cooking Studio. There will be many delicious treats prepared. It is a free event to attend but registration is required.
Just Jake’s Halloween Party | 30 Park Street, Montclair
Just Jake’s will be welcoming back New Power Soul as a featured performer in its Halloween celebration. Cash prizes will be given to the top three costumes. The 1st place winner will win $300, the 2nd place winner will win $100, and the 3rd place will win a Just Jake’s gift certificate.
Safe Trick or Treat Event | 327 Franklin Avenue, Wyckoff
October 28th | 11AM – 1:30PM
The Wyckoff Chamber of Commerce has organized a daytime trick-or-treat activity for the whole family to enjoy. Local businesses have been invited to participate by giving out special Halloween treats. Goodie bags with prizes will be given to all trick-or-treaters and there will be giveaways throughout the event.
Fall-O-Ween | 600 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona
October 28th | 11AM – 2PM
The Saturday before Halloween is when Verona celebrates the holiday. There will be fall-related activities such as pumpkin painting, costume parade, and goodie bags. Other alternative activities will feature a petting zoo and live entertainment. Kids are welcome.
Montclair Book Center’s Haunted House | 219-221 Glenridge Avenue, Montclair
October 28th | 7PM – 12AM
Montclair Book Center will be joining forces with White Rabbit Black Heart, DollyMoo, and East Side Mags for a spooky-themed event. There is an admission fee to the event, if you register prior to the event’s date, the fee is $10. Then, it goes up to $15 during the day of the event. Also, if your costume happens to be a zombie — the fee is only $5.
Halloween 90s + 2000s Dance Party with DJ Mister Cee at CZEN | 36 North Van Brunt Street, Englewood
October 28th | 10PM – 1:30AM
DJ Mister Cee will be playing all the dance hits from the 90’s and 2000’s at this hauntingly thrilling soirée. Guests will be able to explore CZEN’s haunted restaurant, adorned with eerie décor and mysterious ambiance. Costumes are a must.
South Orange Downtown Annual Halloween Event | 20-32 Village Plaza, South Orange
October 29th | 11AM – 1PM
This annual celebration will be coming back to Spiotta Park in South Orange. Event-goers can participate in a costume contest with a chance to win prizes (and bragging rights). Interactive games, entertainment by Wanda the Witch, and treat-or-trick stations will be a highlight of the event. Kids are welcome.
BOOgie Woogie Bash | 604 Valley Road, Montclair
October 29th | 2PM
Children aged 6 months to 2.5 years old are welcome at this event. Little ones will be able to sing songs, play games, and dance. Costumes are strongly encouraged — “Big” and “Little” costumes will be rewarded with a prize. Adult participation will be required to supervise.
Spook-tacular Halloween Family Day + Kids Boo Festival | 169 Central Avenue, Orange
October 29th | 1PM – 4PM
This family-focused event will feature a storyteller in addition to a haunted house. Costumes are encouraged but not required. To add to the frightening vibe, a storyteller will be there to share ghost stories. Raffles, a selfie museum, a bouncy house, and a book bag giveaway are just some of the other activities to expect.
Halloween Family Skate | 7th Avenue, Newark
October 30th | 6PM – 8PM
On Halloween Eve, families can participate in a themed roller skating session. Admission to the event and skate rental are required to enter. All ages are welcome and ticket information can be found here.
Trick or Treat at the BOO-tique | 547 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair
October 31st | 12PM – 7PM
Whether you’re a kid, teen, or adult, everyone will be able to join in the trick-or-treating fun at The Eclectic Chic Boutique. People can opt to wear a costume and if not, there will be no exclusion from getting candy. Non-candy prizes will be given out too but one per trick-or-treater.
Howl-O-Ween | 560 Northfield Avenue, West Orange
October 31st | 4PM – 8PM
Turtle Back Zoo will be decked out for Halloween with candy stations throughout the zoo to pick up treats (no tricks!). Stilt walkers will be walking through the zoo as part of this event. Halloween costumes are welcomed and reusable candy bags are required to participate in the candy stations. Kids are welcome.
- GROW”-O-Ween at The Pig and Parrot — Brielle | October 21st; Learn more here.
- Canines and Cocktails Halloween Edition Jenks Club — Point Pleasant | October 21st + October 22nd; Learn more here.
- Halloween Pet Photos at The Asbury Hotel — Asbury Park | October 22nd; Learn more here.
- HOWL-O-Ween Pawty at The Regal Begal — Astoria, Queens | October 22nd; Learn more here.
- Spooky Walk + Pints with Doggie Road Trippin’ at The Ale House — Hoboken | October 23rd; Learn more here.
- Halloween Trick or Treat at Bell Works Fresh — Holmdel | October 25th; Learn more here.
- Howl-O-Ween Dog Parade Church Square Park — Hoboken | October 28th; Learn more here.
- Washington Square Park Dog Halloween Parade — NYC | October 28th; Learn more here.
- Halloween Dog-Parktacular — Fort Lee | October 28th; Learn more here.
- Halloween PAWty at Woof Gang Bakery — Bridgewater | October 28th; Learn more here.
- Halloween Food Truck Festival — Hillsborough | October 28th; Learn more here.
- Doggie Halloween Parade + Festival — Kearny | October 28th; Learn more here.
- HOWL-O-Ween at the Seafarer — Highlands | October 28th; Learn more here.
- Howling Halloween Pup Cruise with Circle Line — NYC | October 29th; Learn more here.
- Port Imperial HOWL-O-Ween Dog Costume Pawty — North Bergen | October 29th; Learn more here.
- HOWL-O-Ween Parade — Cranford | October 29th; Learn more here.
- Pup Halloween Contest at South 40 Brewing Company — Edison | October 29th; Learn more here.
- Tails + Treats at Calandra’s II Vecchio Cafe — Caldwell | October 30th; Learn more here.
- Dia Los Muertes — Asbury Park | November 1st; Learn more here.