Election Day has come and gone here in Montclair + the greater Essex County area. Residents all over the state of New Jersey visited the polls today to cast their votes — and we covered the results you need to know. After reporting the Montclair unofficial election results last week, the Montclair Board of Education vote remained uncalled. Now, over a week after Election Day, the Board of Education results are finally in. Read on to see the Montclair NJ Election Results for 2022.
11th Congressional District
- Projected Winner: Congresswoman Mikie Sherrill, Democrat — per North Jersey
10th Congressional District
- Projected Winner: Representative Donald Payne Jr., Democrat — per North Jersey
Essex County Executive
- Projected Winner: Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Democrat — per New Jersey Globe
Board of Education
- Winners: Yvonne W. Bouknight, Brian Fleischer, and Mfreke “Monk” Inyang — per Montclair Local
Per Montclair Local, the reason for the delay was that “results from 2 of Montclair’s 41 districts were not reported until Wednesday, after poll workers failed to return the results on election night, Essex County Clerk Christopher J. Durkin said last week. The votes remained under seal until a court order was granted.”
- Projected Results: According to unofficial election results, the Montclair Bond Referendum has passed by a landslide, per Patch.
- Councilman Peter Yacobellis said, “I want students, parents, teachers, and faculty to see this for what it is: the community having your backs. For too long the physical plant of Montclair Public Schools has been neglected and it seemed like political inertia was just the way things were. No longer.” According to Councilman Yacobellis, 4 out of 5 voters have said yes to the referendum.